- Account can be opened by an individual or a minor through the guardian.
- Joint account is not permissible
- NRI and HUF are NOT eligible to open PPF A/c.
- The minimum deposit is 500/- in each financial year and maximum is Rs. 1,50,000/- in a financial year.
- The deposit can be either in lump sum or in instalment.
- The deposits shall be in multiple of Rs.100/- subject to minimum amount of Rs.500/-
- The discontinued account can be activated by payment of minimum deposit of Rs. 500/- with penalty of Rs.50/- for each defaulted FY.
- The deposit in a minor account is clubbed with the deposit of the account of the Guardian for the limit of Rs.1,50,000/-
- Initial deposit amount for the opening of PPF account is mandatory.